Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Goals

So my birthday is coming up. The big 23 is next Wednesday... I will only be 22 for 7 more days. Craziness.  I still feel like I should be a freshman at La Crosse... hm.  What are my plans for the celebration you may ask? I have none for the day of... haha.  BUT I am going to go the the Twin Cities this Thursday.  One of my FAVORITE musicians, Ari Herstand, is playing his last show in Minneapolis before he moves to L.A.  Which I know everyone who is reading this probably knows who he is, but just in case... here's a link to one of his songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAyPA_D6yM

He is amazing and I'm gonna miss seeing him in La Crosse every couple months.

As for my goal of finding new things in  or around Barron County, I'm kinda failing so far... but I did get a 3 month pass at the Community Center so I can work out :)  I went swimming today, swam some laps. It was fun and really relaxing.  I'm going to try to work out 3 or 4 times a week. One of my new goals.  I suppose I could tell you about those!

My Goals (Aug 2010):
1: Actually follow the Weight Watchers Program (Oh yeah, I'm in WW)
2: Work out 4 times a week.
3: Meet more people my age
     * by taking classes at WITC
     * by talking to more random people and looking past people's "hickness"
     * by trying new things
4: Stop drinking too much (I don't drink often anymore, but I drink too much when I do)
5: Figure what I'm doing with the next 3 years of my life. (Grad school, teaching english abroad, AmeriCorps again? IDK...)
6: Save more money. (about $300- $325 a check)



So yeah... those are my personal goals for my year of VISTA service so far... more may be added :)

1 comment:

  1. good luck on the goals. have a happy birthday next week...I'll probably forget to wish you that day so this is my early wish.

    "The best way to pick a future is to believe its inevitable!" ~Richard Bach

    ReplyDelete