Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This may be interesting...

So, I've never blogged. Tried to write in a diary when I was younger, that lasted for about a month before  I got bored or decided that I didn't have anything interesting to say... so this may be interesting (or I suppose not interesting). 

So a little about my title first, I suppose.  I am from a small town in Northern WI, Barron to be exact.  Don't feel bad if you've never heard of it.  Most people haven't. When I would meet people at college, UW-La Crosse, we would exchange the "So where are you from?'s" right away and I would tell them.  Most had no clue where Barron was so I would say, "Middle of Nowhere, Northern WI" and it would usually be a sufficient answer.

Now why a blog? Why now?  I recently graduated, from UWL as I stated earlier, and moved home... in with my parents. yeah, exactly.  I am currently an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer in my home town working though the UW Extension office.  I was offered another position in Milwaukee, but turned it down (and now I can't decide if it was the right choice).  The position is only a year... until June 20th, 2011, I am stuck here...  So my goal for this blog is to force myself to find fun things to do to talk about.  To find adventure in one of the most boring towns on the planet.  To explore the small town I grew up in and was so excited to leave 5 years ago.


The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.
- Ivy Baker Priest

No comments:

Post a Comment